Sunday, May 31, 2009

11/365 Surfer Jewels


Yesterday I was looking for inspiration and so I wandered down to the local craft store. I bought some hemp and decided to see if there were how-to videos online... sure enough, there are. So this necklace is my first attempt! To some people, hemp jewelry is hippie stuff... but to me, it's always been more of a beach culture thing... Surfer Jewels... I love that culture, I love that IDEA... but to be honest, I'm terrified of the ocean. I mean, I don't swim in it. I like the beach - nice relaxing in the sun under the umbrella with a book, or people-watching. I would kayak, I like to go boating, but not swim in open ocean. Too many things that would take a little (or not so little) bite out of me!
So now I'm making a bunch of these, they're really easy, I'm doing bracelets with colored beads, another necklace with some gold beads, etc. Anybody want one? It's summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment